Board Meeting 149 - July 2008
Minutes of the hundred and forty ninth meeting of the Football Licensing Authority held on 1 July 2008 at Harcourt House, London
Mr AJ Speed - Chairman
Mr B Batson
Miss P Carvell
Dr J Dickie
Mr J Garner
Ms J Summerell
Mr J Woodrow
Mr J R K de Quidt - Chief Executive
Mr KD Sears
Mrs N A Rutherford
Apologies were received from Dr B Robertson
1. Minutes of the previous meeting
- The minutes of the hundred and forty eighth meeting were agreed and signed by the Chairman.
2. Matters arising
- Mr Sears was assessing the level of demand for an annual Green Guide seminar. He was collating the issues raised since publication of the 5th edition that could be addressed by holding a seminar. The Board noted this but requested that a February target date be set for the first annual seminar.
- The recruitment advertisements for the 3 Inspectors (grade B) posts had been placed.
3. Chief Executive’s reports (FLA(08)13 &14)
- The Board discussed the two reports.
- The FLA had recommended that the Secretary of State make an order in respect of Doncaster Rovers FC and Swansea City FC under section 11 of the Football Spectators Act 1989. It had also recommended that Cardiff City be granted a further extension of the all-seater deadline.
- The Board noted the possible issues with regard to Rotherham FC’s proposed move to the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield. It was agreed that when the outcome was resolved, the FLA should issue the appropriate licence.
4. Annual Report and Accounts (FLA(08)15)
- The Chairman of the Audit Committee reported that the committee had considered the annual report and accounts for 2008. The Committee had recommended that the Board approve the document. The Board approved the annual report and accounts.
5. Mileage allowances (FLA(08)16)
- The Board noted the content of the paper. It reluctantly agreed that the mileage rates should remain as they were for the time being.
6. Any other business
- Members were reminded that all requests for match day/SAG visits must be made through Mrs Rutherford in line with agreed policy.
- The Chairman thanked Miss Carvell and Dr Robertson for their significant contributions to the work of the FLA over their terms of office and offered them his best wishes for the future.
- Miss Carvell expressed her gratitude to all for the support, fun, challenges and achievements she had experienced during her time with the FLA. Her sentiments were shared by Dr Robertson.
7. The date of the next meeting
- The likelihood of the August meeting taking place was minimal. Members would be notified if the meeting was going to take place. Subject to that, the next scheduled meeting would Monday 8 September at 11am in Stadium MK, Milton Keynes.
- The licences for the 2008/2009 season were signed.
FLA Secretariat - July 2008