SGSA Annual Report
The Sports Grounds Safety Authority’s first Annual Report and Accounts, spanning the full 2011/12 financial year Authority (SGSA) is now available.
The SGSA (formerly The Football Licensing Authority) came into being on 1 November 2011 following the successful passing of legislation.
The Report sets out how we operate, covering our goals, performance, corporate governance and accounts.
It also documents the highlights of our first year including:
- The successful transition from the Football Licensing Authority to the Sports Grounds Safety Authority.
- The continued provision of advice and guidance through the attendance of our Inspectors at Local Authority Safety Advisory Groups.
- The provision of advice to Government and LOCOG to help deliver a safe and secure Olympic Games.
- The issue of 94 licences to admit spectators to all Premiership, Football League grounds and two international stadia, and the provisions of advice to clubs involved in ground development and new ground construction.
- Our collaborative work with the Council of Europe and UEFA in the run up to the 2012 European Football Championships in Poland and Ukraine.